Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heaven

Do you ever have those moments where you feel like you could be in heaven because they're so perfect?

I'm glad to say I do.

Yesterday evening I was laying on the mall with John. We had just finished working out and were resting on the grassy area in the center of campus called the mall. There were a few puffy clouds but otherwise it was sweet light (late in the day with a soft, pretty light). The cottonseeds were blowing in the wind. Birds were singing and the grass was green. I was laying on my back looking up at the passing seeds, clouds, and the green leaves reflecting the sunlight. It was beautiful. I felt so at peace with the world and myself.

It's moments like those where I wouldn't mind if I died: At least I could say I was truly happy.

2 comments:

  1. You'll always have this image to reach for when you need it. Truly, heaven.

    ReplyDelete